Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Domestic Violence, Awareness, and Experience! GET HELP!!

The title may surprise you, and I know is something way different that you are use to reading on my blog.  I really want to write about this topic and give you as much information, as  I can. This blog may have some harsh things but if you are willing to listen and hear what I have to say, stay tuned.

This topic, it really gets me emotional because, its an experience, I am not talking about this just because..., I have really experienced this and an opinion I have and my reality. Well I am one of those kids that either mom or dad is going through Domestic Violence, and I am saying dad's as well, because believe or not there dads that get hurt too, is the other way around. But in my case, my mom was the one getting hurt, I witnessed so many things that of course I'm not going to get in to. And its true when they say, "you can forgive that person, but you cant never FORGET" and let me tell you its hard and in the beginning is even harder, and when you are a kid and your watching all of this happening is even worse, because you are little you don't know what to do. Now that I'm an adult, there are so many things that happen in my ordinary life, that makes me remember all I went through, and let me tell you is an emotional roller coaster. Even you when your not thinking of anything from the past but there's one thing thing that happening in that very moment, that of course makes you remember or take you into memory lane. And sometime you cant just help it, is there. I am speaking for all those kids that have been or going through this same situation, and all the adults, teens etc. I know its hard, but THERE IS HELP. There is no wrong with getting help, and to all those mothers and dads out there and hopefully you are reading this, if you are going through Domestic Violence, please leave that situation and get help, do it for your kids if you have them, and especially for yourself. But you really have to be ready to leave this situation behind. My mom took her 20 years to leave my dad, because since I can remember this has been and ongoing thing. I also remember that probably the last 2 years that my mom was with my dad, he tried to hit again but me and my brother were old enough, to defend her, and that's when my mom, my brother and me said enough is enough. Let me tell you there's a point in your life that you are gonna say "enough is enough" of the situation your in. Although I have been through all of this, I always confide in God, and everybody needs to have faith, because God never lets us down. I have heard so many stories that probably my story and what I went through is not that awe full. But you hear stories that people have been killed because of Domestic Violence, it get really bad, that why please get help before something worse can happen.

www.thehotline.org is a website that has the 1800 number so you can talk to somebody about your situation, and what I love about this website is that, if you don't want to talk on the phone, you can chat online with them as well..

1-800-799-7233  the number for Domestic and teen dating violence hotline..
HOPEFULLY THIS BLOG IS HELP FULL TO YOU AND MAY BLESSING COME YOU WAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment